Comments Off on Custom Ramp Sink makes creative use of a tiny space
An otherwise useless space in a local private school was transformed into a creative area for a washroom sink and hand towel disposal. The plumbing, including the faucet location was all placed on the side wall to enable a garbage container to be easily moved into place. This was an alcove measuring 22 inches by 36″. It tapered from from to back by about 3 inches more so an exact fit was essential. We suspended it from both the front and side walls so no cabinetry was necessary.
Comments Off on Concrete is an ideal material for a Commercial Sink
Concrete sinks always get noticed in commercial applications, including restaurants, bars, shopping malls, etc. An infinite choice of colours, sink shapes and styles provide the flexibility to easily integrate the sink into your overall design. From single vanity style applications to extended trough style sinks, everGreen can design and fabricate a sink that will be a definite focal point.
Comments Off on Top 10 Reasons to Consider Concrete Countertops
- Concrete Countertops have the same durability and functionality as Granite or Engineered Stone, without the commoditized look and feel
- Concrete Countertops have a natural look and feel, a distinct alternative to the commoditized plastic, shiny look of many other materials
- All our concrete surfaces are easy to clean and maintain
- Every piece is a unique one-of-a-kind creation
- Concrete Countertops can be personalized with inlays, such as sea-shells, tiles, coins… the only limitation is your imagination
- Our creations are Eco-Friendly, utilizing a high degree of recycled content and locally sourced materials
- Concrete countertops are hand-made and cast from custom molds. This allows the freedom to incorporate 3 dimensional features such as integral sinks, built in drainboards, trivets and butcher blocks, textured backsplashes, specialized edging that can’t be achieved using other materials
- Finishes are unlimited, from high gloss to matte
- Textures are unlimited – solid colour, marbled, stone or glass aggregate
- All of our pieces have a timeless character, beauty, and originality
There’s some advantages in suspending your concrete sink from the wall. It eliminates the need for any cabinetry below, allows for integrated towel racks and creates a very clean, modern look. Suspended sinks are also great to accomodate wheelchair accessability, if that is a requirement. The sinks can be suspended using metal brackets lagged to the wall and/or wood stripping around the perimeter if there are side walls. The sinks usually have a deeper drop down edge to hide most of the plumbing and a wood skirt can be added to complement the design.
Comments Off on Updating a Toronto Condo Ladies Washroom
One of our clients had a really unique idea and commissioned us to make a sink the same shape as the lake their cottage was on. We used a topographical map to assist, although we did “cheat” from reality a bit in some areas just to make sure all the water made it smoothly to the drain. Just another example of the versatility of concrete.
Fabric-forming is the future of concrete, now. It is an amazing method that can be employed in the creation of custom sinks, planters, wall panels, fireplace surrounds, etc. There is a strong argument that fabric is the optimal material for creating forms, with the primary being that it creates a natural shape, a form that cannot be created any other way. We recently learned this technique at a workshop put on by Brandon Gore of Gore Design, located in Phoenix. This now allows us to create unique custom shapes to fit almost any application.